Senior Azure Powershell ArchitectTeleworker, Illinois
What you need to know about the job
|Primary Location:||Teleworker, Illinois|
|Shift:||No shift premium (United States of America)|
At Cloud Technology Partners (CTP) a Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) Company, we live by three core values that drive our business: Partner. Innovate. Act. These values combine to help us create important work all over the world to advance how people live and work.
HPE makes Hybrid IT simple. HPE helps customers to design the right mix of Hybrid IT to serve their unique needs. We bring next generation infrastructure that uses intelligent software to simplify and accelerate the delivery of new apps, services and business insights. Providing with new ways to deliver and manage IT on-premises and in the cloud.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Position yourself as a trusted advisor to CTP's clients, and partner with them to understand their requirements for cloud implementations.
- Provide recommendations to clients with respect to cloud migrations and prepare technical implementation roadmaps for Azure adoption.
- Create functional design specifications, reference architectures, and assist with other project deliverables as needed.
- Design state-of-the-art technical solutions on Azure that address customer’s requirements for scalability, reliability, security, and performance and leverage existing investments in Azure/MS platforms.
- Collaborate with other project teams on technical solutions and help improve CTP's service IP.
- Learn, learn, and learn by staying up-to-date on all technical developments related to Azure and other public cloud platforms.
- Travel and work onsite at client locations (typically 50%).
WHAT YOU’VE DONE
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, other technical field.
- Well versed in building product-quality software on Azure including experience in designing for high availability, building multi-region and multi-set architectures using virtual networks, availability sets and affinity groups.
- Familiar with various application stacks such as .NET, C#, Powershell etc in a Visual Studio TFS/VSO environment.
- Configuration and deployment experience in two or more of the following:
- Azure PaaS technologies
- Azure apps technologies such as AzureSQL, Azure Tables, Cache, SQL Server DW, Azure AD etc.
- Azure IaaS Technologies such as VMs, Virtual networks, Express Routes, Standard/Premium storage etc.
- Deployed applications with Web UI frontends
- Deployed application with RESTful/SOAP services interfaces
- Experience with MS Visual Studio TFS, VSO
- Firm grasp on cloud security, leveraging Windows operating systems, Active Directory, Federated AD, AD integration
- Azure Powershell deployments, experience with Powershell DSC/CLI etc.
- Insights and Diagnostics using MS SCOM for both on-prem and Azure cloud environments
- Experience in Azure classic portal & Azure resource manager in cloud deployments.
- Familiarity with Office 365 and Sharepoint service offerings.
- Experience as a hands-on technical practitioner/specialist in client facing roles in large enterprises and demonstrated client facing consulting skills, including building strong client relationships.
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communications skills.
- Strong team skills including the ability to lead and be a team player.
- Azure certification in any of the following – Solutions Architect, Infrastructure Architect or Systems Ops.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our talent community and get CTP news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
Search for a category or location (or both), select a suggestion and then click "Sign Up."