Pre-Sales Solutions ArchitectSan Francisco, California
What you need to know about the job
|Primary Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Shift:||No shift premium (United States of America)|
Help us solve the world’s most challenging cloud computing problems and build a great company along the way.
Are you energized by working with really smart, highly dedicated people? Do you thrive on teams with others who are extremely diverse, devoted and engaged? Do you crave challenge intellectually and the opportunity to stretch your capabilities from technical to strategy planning to marketing and even product development? Will you appreciate a company that is small yet has the full support of an enormous company behind it? And finally, will you enjoy working with some of the funniest people who you can actually call friends? If so, CTP just may be the place for you!
Cloud Technology Partners (CTP) is the premier cloud services and software company for enterprises moving to AWS, Google, Microsoft and other leading cloud platforms. We’re not learning new ways of doing things – we’re defining the best way to do them. Our architects and engineers have been designing, building and implementing IT solutions for enterprise customers across industries for an average of more than 20 years. We focus solely on cloud-based technologies and are the preferred partner for companies seeking to rapidly achieve mission critical business goals through cloud transformation. CTP is comprised of one of the most talented teams of people in the industry from our Delivery organization to our world-class Sales Directors to our Pre-Sales team. We have maintained our smaller company culture while having the full support of HPE who recognizes we are one of the key growth engines for the future. We seek people who hardworking, intelligent, fun to work with and able to thrive in a rapid-paced and ever evolving technical landscape.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Provide the CTP Sales team with end-to-end Cloud technical solution support services from lead qualification through hand-off of a signed SOW to the Delivery team
- Take on responsibility for opportunities, potentially involving any stage of the cloud journey from data center migrations, cloud infrastructure build-outs, and application modernization to IoT, Big Data and cloud-native application development and managed operations.
- Solve cutting-edge problems for our clients, providing the Sales team with end-to-end technical solution services from lead qualification through hand-off of a signed SOW to the Delivery team
- Work with the Staffing group to identify appropriate resources for defined project roles and ensure a smooth hand-off of closed deals to the Delivery team
- Attend internal and client-facing kick-off meetings as a Client advocate
- Monitor project activities and create any necessary Change Orders and/or follow-on SOWs for assigned engagements
- Collaborate with the Director of Digital Innovation Product Management to continually evolve the offerings, understand market need, and introduce new offerings
- Contribute to the development of tools, documents and materials as a member of the Technical Cloud Solutions (TCS) group
- Stay abreast of cloud best-practices and emerging cloud technologies.
- Travel to client locations for sales meetings and kick-off meetings (up to 25%)
WHAT YOU’VE DONE
- At some point in career, provided hands-on technical contribution or project leadership for enterprise software development projects
- Through pre-sales activities or hands-on software development, gained cloud experience across multiple domain areas
- Provided technical pre-sales or comparable support for software development engagements in a professional services environment
- Interacted with clients to gather technical information necessary to define the appropriate engagement approach to meet client needs
- Advised and acted as a sounding board for sales strategy and approach planning
- Produced well-crafted, winning proposals, SOWs, and effort estimates working collaboratively with Sales and Delivery SMEs
ADDITIONAL REQUIRED SKILLS
- Ability to discuss best practices in cloud-based software architecture and the development and deployment of cloud applications
- Experience with CI/CD tools and processes and the ability to communicate the DevOps value proposition in today’s cloud environment
- AWS, Azure, or Google certification, or the ability to achieve certification within 90 days of hire, in any of the following - Solutions Architect, Developer, etc.
- A passion for learning new technologies
- Strong client service orientation - ability to develop productive relationships and demonstrate high credibility to earn "trusted advisor" status
- Strong business acumen with excellent reasoning and problem solving skills
- Superior verbal and written communications skills as well as presentation and facilitation skills with the ability to whiteboard technology solutions
- Detail-oriented with the ability to thrive in a complex and highly consultative sales process
- Highly self-motivated and results-oriented approach with a flexible, "whatever it takes" attitude
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous/pressure situations. Ability to collaborate and work well within a team
- Willing to travel regionally, nationally and internationally up to 25%
- Sense of humor!
HPE is an EOE / Female / Minority / Individual with Disabilities / Protected Veteran Status
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
In order to satisfy our contractual obligations with clients, the successful candidate will be required to pass a basic, standard Criminal Records check. You will also be required to sign off on HPE's Confidentiality, Non-Solicitation and Conflict of Interest Agreement.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome the many dimensions of diversity.
Accommodation of special needs for qualified candidates may be considered within the framework of the HPE Accommodation Policy.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technology company and ranked 10 on the Fortune 500 list for 2012, HPE brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients. And at HPE, we know that our people and values are the most important elements in this success.
Thanks for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today— we are eager to learn more about you! If you know a friend who may be a fit for the job please refer them.
Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a complete list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our talent community and get CTP news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
Search for a category or location (or both), select a suggestion and then click "Sign Up."